1. Remove bandage in a clean bathroom with clean hands after 1-2 hours. Wash the tattoo gently with warm water and antibacterial soap. If your bandage is a Saniderm/second skin bandage, you will remove it after 24 hours. We’ll go over instructions with you after your tattoo, based on what kind of bandage is suitable for you (Saniderm cannot be used for those who have allergic reactions to adhesives).
2. Once the tattoo is dry apply a very thin layer of fragrance free lotion (such as Lubriderm, Eucerin, etc). Cocoa butter is also acceptable.
Lotion may be applied to the tattoo as it dries out; however if your skin is extremely sensitive, lotion may cause acne-like break outs. This can be taken care of by reducing the number of lotion applications per day.
3. Wear loose, preferably cotton clothing over the fresh tattoo. The tattoo need not be re-bandaged except in certain, rare instances. A bra strap, tight waistband, sweaty gym shoe or itchy sweater can potentially create healing problems.
4. After a few days, the tattoo will begin to form flaky scabs that will fall off on their own. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH AT YOUR TATTOO.
5. Please do not consult your friends about healing issues, as everyone’s experience is unique. Our artists are more than happy to help with any concerns you might have. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.